Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Very first raw meal

This is hamburger with a lot of fat, sardine oil and bone meal added for calcium. This is NOT a balanced recipe for puppies! I feed them the occasional raw meal to get their guts ready for the new owners who want to feed raw. I am relying on the expensive kibble I feed to make sure they have all the necessary nutrients for growing puppies. It is an art to feed a puppy raw food and make sure there is enough of everything to keep a puppy healthy and growing. Feeding an adult a maintenance diet is much easier to do. I don't want to dissuade anyone from feeding raw but I do want to be sure that everyone knows you can't just buy a pound of hamburger and throw it at the dog! I feed raw elk, venison or moose if my husband has a good year hunting. They get the scraps and raw bones that are not fit for human consumption. Added to that is a variety of things to keep them healthy. I can go into detail about that some other time. Because right now I have hangry puppies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment