Search This Blog

Saturday 20 April 2019

Preventing Hip Dysplasia in your puppy

I am taking Miss Pink (now named Pele, the Hawaiian goddess of wind, fire and volcanoes ie unstoppable forces of nature like she is!) anyways…taking Pele to The Canine Fitness Centre on Tuesday for assessment and physio for her dislocated hip.  I found this great article on their website and thought I'd share.  I'm very proud to say that I am already doing everything they recommend breeders do for reducing the incidence of hip dysplasia in your puppy.  That makes me feel proud!  I'm obviously doing things right!

 Genetics is the first step, proper care and rear end awareness from birth to 8 weeks and then the rest is up to you and the environment you raise your puppy in.  I will talk about Vitamin C, MSM+Chondroitin+Glucosamine, and calcium+Phosphorus ratios in other posts.  All of these things are crucial in raising your puppy to be dysplasia free.  It all starts when the sperm meets the egg AND the first day you bring him/her home!

Mary Ann



https://caninefitness.com/docs/THE%20HAPPY%20HIP%20PROGRAM.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment