Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Pele

My faith in humanity has been renewed. There are so many people out there with hearts as big as the sun. I am overwhelmed at all who have sent me money to help with the cost of Pele's multiple veterinary visits and physiotherapy. I refused offers initially but as the expenses continued to grow and people kept insisting, I finally gave in. And it is very, very much appreciated, I can't tell you what it means to me. You guys are awesome! For those of you who offered, and I refused, I am most humbly accepting now if the offer still stands. It is surprising how fast the bills can mount up. You can send it to mamarcellus@hotmail.com The answer to the question should be Pele.

And I want to say something about the money I make from my puppies, If I was looking for a puppy and I figured out the math on this litter it would seem like a lot of money, I would wonder where all that money goes First off, 4 of these puppies are being donated to be service dogs. Any income I receive from the rest of the puppies goes to the upkeep of my current dogs and hopefully to find a new stud dog. Merlin died almost 2 years ago and I am still looking for a suitable replacement. I have 3 females that are breeding age and 1 of them cannot be bred because it would be inbreeding. Last year the 2 that could be bred, didn't catch. So that means I had 1 litter in 24 months, This is the first income in 24 months, For easy figuring let's say it costs me $100/month/dog to feed them not including puppies. I have 9 dogs, The puppies and Maya are eating 50 cups of food a day. Yes, 50 cups. That's not a typo. If you want to buy a good stud dog, which I do, you are looking at $20,000-$45,000 plus shipping from Europe which can cost up to $10,000. And this litter may be the one and only I have this year. I hope to have one in the fall but that is up to the dogs. I just didn't want anyone to think I was making a ton of money and not spending any on Pele. I am spending money on Pele. I did not ask for any donations. I was quite willing to spend what she needed. I love her with all my heart. I spent many sleepless nights worrying about her. I brought her into this world and I am responsible for her. Period.

I just wanted to say how overwhelmed I am that people would donate to help with her vet bills. Past clients, new clients and even strangers. You are all truly Angels. 😇

Yours most humbly,

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment