Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Lost/Stolen Dogs!

I was adopted by a grey tabby cat a few days ago. Because of that, I posted him/her on the Olds and Area Pet Lost & Found. After looking through a lot of the postings, I learned that there are a lot of dog thieves doing a great business in the area. They cruise the streets of both urban and rural, looking for dogs they can steal. They then put them up for sale on Kijiji or something similar for hundreds of dollars! There is such a demand for dogs since COVID hit that this has become a very lucrative business! I've heard 2 first hand stories of people paying $1200 and $1800 for a mix of 4 breed puppies! Aka mutts! I'm not against mixed breeds, I've had many! But when people start selling them for absorbatent prices, there are many red flags that go up!!

So, please everyone! Please be careful with your dogs! Do not leave them alone in the yard when you are away. Be sure your gates are locked when you are home, and keep your eyes out for suspicious vehicles. What a despicable thing to be doing!!!

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment