Search This Blog

Friday 23 June 2017

A Very Good Teacher

I put this out on my blog from time to time so anyone new watching will be sure to see it.  There is an exceptional website for you to learn just about everything you need to know about raising your dog/puppy.  It's called http://www.leerburg.com.  Ed Frawley has been breeding and training GSDs and Belgian Malinois for 50 years.  I highly suggest his books, videos and courses.  In particular one of his trainers, Michael Ellis is about as good as it gets for dog training.  Ed has come around from aversive dog training to purely motivational  over the years so pay more attention to the works his done in the past 5-7 years.  I have a few things I disagree on him with but 95% is highly recommended.  So, take everything they say, decide whether it feels right for you, and throw away the 5% that doesn't.  You will learn a TON of good things from Ed, Michael, Tyler and all his other instructors.  If you talk to Ed, or Michael, tell them I sent you!  

Mary Ann

PS - for my brand new puppy  owners, check out the video: Puppies 8 weeks to 8 months.  You will learn a lot!  But remember to throw away the 5% you don't agree with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment