Search This Blog

Friday 28 April 2017

Fia is expecting puppies!

  


Now that we have figured out why my dogs where not producing puppies for the last four years, we needed to satisfy all the people on my waiting list that have been so incredibly patient!  And it is for this reason, I bred my three breeding girls back to back.  The first two litters did not overlap.  We are not so lucky with this last litter we are expecting but the are 6 weeks apart so there won't be any problems.  The older litter has moved out to the new Puppy Kennel as you saw in the last video and the new litter will be born in the house as usual.  With Mark still looking for work I have the extra hands that I need to make sure each puppy gets all the love, attention and individual attention that it needs.  If Mark finds work (anybody out there need a welder??) I have my daughter to call upon or the lady that takes care of the whole place when we go on holidays, so everything is under control.  This will be my last litter of the year so if you've been thinking about getting an Angel, now would be the time to do it!  Fia looks like she's going to have a large litter.  Unusual for a first litter but it happens.  We might need more families than the usual 6 I pre-vet for adoption.  I'm guessing 9 puppies!  Let's see how close I am!  I thought 6 for Nova and she only had 5.  Drum roll please…

Here are some pictures of Fia.  I don't have many on my website because she was not in the breeding program yet.  Now that she is, I will have to make her up her special page.  She is a sweet girl who wants to please.  She gets along with all the other dogs (except Cruz for some reason).  She weighs about 65 pounds and is built for speed and agility.  She's all muscle.  Except now.  Right now she looks like a balloon.  Don't tell her I said that!  She's all black and was born here as a daughter to Isis and Diesel.  She is a 4th generation Guardian Angel Shepherd.  

Pictures 1 & 2 were taken when she was about a year old.  Picture 3 was to show you her very full belly.  The remainder were taken today on the deck.  There was some kind of big orange ball in the sky for a short period so I thought I'd take advantage of the lighting! Lol!

So here we are expecting our last litter of the year.  Exciting but also scary.  Truthfully I hate whelping.  I'm always worried for my Mom dog and always worried that I won't know what to do if there's a problem with a puppy.  It's a terribly stressful time for me but I'm going to focus on having a bunch of beautiful healthy pups that will be fantastic family K9 partners in the near future.  It is my wish and it is my passion.

Mary Ann

1 comment:

  1. Hello, if you don't mind me asking, why Were your dogs not producing puppies for the last four years? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete