Search This Blog

Monday 16 August 2021

Always Be Careful!



 Always Be Careful!  The ABC's of dog care.  MOST of the time, raw marrow bones are perfectly safe for your dog.  HOWEVER, you should never leave your dog alone when giving them bones or toys.  

I was working at my desk and I had 3 dogs working on bones at my feet.  I heard an ungodly CRACK and looked down to see Gaia had two bones instead of one!  The shard that had cracked off the bone was as sharp as a knife!  And could you imagine if she had been licking out the marrow and gotten her tongue stuck in the main piece?!  I dug out the marrow for her and put it in a Kong toy and threw out the bone.  

A Kong is they only thing I will leave with my dogs without supervision.  But even so, I check for wear and tear to make sure they are not going to come apart.  No toy is indestructible!  

So, always be careful with what your dog has.  Let's keep them happy but also safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment