Search This Blog

Monday 3 August 2020

All Puppies Placed and Commercial Pups Picked

Congratulations everyone!  You FINALLY know which puppy is yours!  Miss Yellow and Miss Pink have been picked for the commercial.  Their attributes seem to be the best for the commercial.  Lower energy, watch from a distance before jumping into the mele and very handler oriented.  It's was a very difficult choice to make.  I first thought I wanted very social puppies and ones not very environmental.  But what was happening was they couldn't concentrate on the task at hand when there was someone else in the room.  There will be 50 people on set!  This is all new to me so I hope I've picked the right ones.  Like I said, it was a very difficult choice.  Each puppy had it's pros and cons.  I wish I could bring them all!

I'll tell you, trying to teach puppies this young is like trying to teach a 6 month human baby math!  They really don't have the capabilities.  About the only things they've learned was that food also comes from hands as well as bowls, and if I get up on the bed I get treats.  Even the bed thing is dicey.  They'll do it but are they understanding that they ONLY get treats on the bed?  Hmmm... it's debatable.  Sometimes I think they are getting it, but then I question it again.  It's not their fault of course!  They have all learned that the handler is where good things come from and that is a crucial lesson.  I'm hoping Miss Pink and Miss Yellow will have the capabilities with a few more weeks development.  They need to sit, down, lower their head, stay, come and hopefully howl!

What all of them DO know is come!  Every time!  Really fast!  So all you new owners need to do is not mess it up.  I will teach you how to do that when you come to pick up your pup and get your first lesson.  And speaking of picking up puppies, everyone who isn't in the commercial needs to make an appointment to pick up your pup.  Except of course the San Francisco Police Dog which I'm still working on.  Did you know that all airlines are not taking pets across the US border ever since this whole COVID thing started.  Sure has made things more difficult.  Normally I'd drive the pup to Calgary airport and put him on a non-stop flight to San Fran.  No problem!   I've spent many hours researching how I'm going to get him there and nothing is firm yet.  But that's my problem not yours.  Just thought I'd share.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon! 

Check out puppy recalls!


No comments:

Post a Comment