Search This Blog

Thursday 15 March 2012

Shots & Microchips

Poor puppies had a tough day.  Not only were they poked once, but twice!  I feel badly for the poor little guys but it's in their best interest. 

The microchips are registered to the new owners and provides a lifetime recovery system.  The chips can be read throughout North America so even if your dog gets lost while on vacation in the States, they will still be able to locate the owner.  But it's up to the owner to remember to update the information.  If you move, or change your phone number, they won't be able to contact you.  As long as you remember to keep things current, your dog will find it's way home! 

That's what saved Goliath's life.  The microship was traced back to my kennel and I was able to save him from euthanasia.  He's such a sweet boy.  It would have been a horrific mistake to have him killed.  The poor guy was just scared half to death.  I'd growl in those circumstanes too!  He doesn't have a mean bone in his body.  He's just a 110 pound couch potato!  Nobody told him he's not a lap dog!

So the pups have had their shots and been microchipped.  One chip actually broke while it was being implanted so I'll have to get another one.  But that pup isn't going home for a few weeks so I have lots of time to get a new one.  I've never seen one break before.  I didn't even know it was possible.  I guess you learn something new every day.

It was a big day for them, and for me.  TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment