Search This Blog

Sunday 8 November 2020

You'll Never Guess What?!

As most of you know, I have been looking for a new stud dog since shortly after my beautiful, all black, Merlin, passed away.  Turns out that was 2.75 years ago.  Not 2 years like I had thought.  

Well, about a week ago, I saw a dog on the internet that was absolutely perfect!  But I had seen 3 perfect dogs before, so I dared not get too excited about this one.  Seemed I always JUST missed out.  Sold last week, sold yesterday etc.  

But this time I can tell you that FINALLY I was successful!  I didn't want to say anything, just in case...  but now I can say, without any reservation, THAT I HAVE A NEW STUD DOG!!!

He flew in from the Czech Republic a little over a week ago and he is now here at Guardian Angel Shepherds!  WOOHOO!!

He is a gorgeous dark sable, 12 months old, and great confirmation (IOW straight back) He has all his health clearances and is trained in protection.  He would be considered a green protection dog at this age.  But he is fearless!  He came out of the airline crate like he owned the world!  New smells, new people, new COUNTRY! Nothing phased him.  And he's huge for a 12 month old!  He looks like he's 3 years old!  Big boy, very muscular, can't imagine what he'll look like at 3 years.  

It will take a few months to get his papers and health clearances from Europe.  In the meantime I will introduce him to a life in the house with the rest of the pack.  He was born and raised in a working kennel environment so he knows nothing about house manners.  Or people manners for that matter.  He just about knocked me down 3 times when we first took him out of the crate.  Not his fault.  He was never taught!  So I have my work cut out for me.

His registered name is "Dak" but I have given him a call name.  He will go by "Hawk" from now on.  He is learning very quickly about house life but it could take some time for him to be accepted into the pack.  Maybe months.  He will never socialize with the other stud dogs, Rommel and Tazer.  Rommel is retired but he doesn't know that!  You would never expect stud dogs to get along.  Every stud dog must believe he is the Alpha of the pack.  So you could imagine the horrific event should they come in contact with one another.  Living with a pack is nothing like having a couple of dogs around the house.  You have to understand pack dynamics to have a successful breeding pack.

So that's my exciting news!  I will add photos as we get them.  But for now...



Introducing 'HAWK"





1 comment: