Search This Blog

Monday 26 October 2020

Still on the look out for a new stud dog.

 It has been a long time since Merlin passed away.  Seems like forever to me.  I have to find some good outside blood to add to my line.  About every 5 years I import a stud dog but with Merlin passing away unexpectedly, it was sooner.  But after 2 years of searching, I still have not found anything worthy of my name!  My contact in Europe has retired so it makes things much more difficult.  And now, the airlines will not allow dogs to cross the Canadian/American border by plane.  So the dog either has to come from Europe, or Canada.  The ideal would be if a Canadian brought in a dog from Europe and then sold him to me!  That would save me a ton of hoops to jump through.  On average, just the transport costs in excess of $6000.  

So... I continue to look but what I'm looking for is few and far between.  And expensive.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment