Search This Blog

Thursday 23 March 2017

Still Sick & PUPPIES ARE ARRIVING

So I'll get to the boring stuff first. After five days of being on antibiotics the pain was still excruciating. I went back to the Dr today and he gave me the heavy duty kick ass antibiotics they use for special occasions. When he looked in my throat all he said was OUCH!. This has been terribly painful. Not to mention the night sweats and shivers for an hour at a time. But here's to getting well now! So my apologies for not responding to emails or phone calls. I can't even talk, let alone think straight. On to the good news!

Nova started having puppies at 17:10 today. She started with a beautiful black and tan boy and he was followed up at 18:55 with a beautiful black and tan female! There's more to come so I'll keep you posted. Thank God for Mark being off work right now. He's a lifesaver. He does all the running and I pretty much just catch the puppy. You may think it's simple but believe me its not. And it can turn into chaos in a blink of an eye. Especially for a first time Mom. Lives are at stake and I get to be the lucky person to figure out how I'm going to save them. You get to be the hero if you're right. And you beat yourself up for the rest of your life if you're wrong. But here's hoping to a positively uneventful night!

Mary Ann

PS! I was just about to push the send when sure enough, it was time for midwifery! We had another boy at 21:00! 2 boys/1 girl in 4 hours. It's going to be a long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment