Search This Blog

Saturday 9 April 2022

The Blessings of Freedom!


 

This is Gaia and Hawk, heading for... the North Pole?  As you can see, they certainly have no intention of slowing down or making sure we are close behind.  How can I allow them their freedom to run and play as fast as they can go without worry?  E-collars.  Yes, I use ecollars.  And why wouldn't I if I can let me dogs have the freedom they deserve?  

If you are against ecollars, I would ask that you would research them.  But don't go to people who know nothing about dogs or how to train them!  Look up the most accomplished trainers in the world and learn from them!  e.g. THE TRUTH ABOUT E-COLLARS IN DOG TRAINING || Ivan Balabanov debunks the myths surrounding e-collars           Ivan Balabanov who has won 14 National Championships and 2 WORLD Championships.  Look how happy his dogs are!  Look how happy MY dogs are!  Any tool can be mis-used.  It's the people who use the tool incorrectly who cause the problems. I LOVE that all my dogs can enjoy life without having to be on a 4-6 foot leash the rest of their lives.  If I said cars are bad because people drive too fast and cause accidents and death, would you condemn the car, or the person driving.  Same goes for the e-collar.  

Can you trust your dog to come back EVERY time?  I can.  I don't think they heard me the first time I called.  Did I use the ecollar?  No.  I increased the volume of my voice.  As a matter of fact, I hardly use the ecollars at all.  Once the dog is trained, he's trained.  But if he forgets momentarily, a low stimulation will remind him to come back.  And I'm talking 6/100.  Below is a picture of a Momma moose and her yearling calf, about 400 yards from where this video was taken.  Imagine the potentially awful scene of dogs going after a baby moose and Momma is close by.  Death could have incurred on both the dogs side and the baby moose side.  But it didn't.  Thanks to the ecollar.  Not that I used it.  I saw the moose, I called the dogs (there were 3 with me that day) and we headed in another direction.  No big deal.

I've seldom mentioned the use of ecollars previous to this.  I've never wanted the hassle of dealing with uneducated people.  But I've come to realize, if the people who use the collars correctly, don't educate the people, who will?  

Those who know me and know my dogs, can verify that each and every one of my dogs are cared for and loved like family.  No expense spared.  They deserve the freedom that an ecollar provides.  So before you attack me, educate yourself.  And if you are having problems with recall (or other things) maybe, just maybe, consider PROPERLY using an ecollar for your dog and give him/her the freedom he/she deserves.



PS.  If you have legitimate questions with no attitude, I will be happy to answer.  If you do nothing but attack me without doing your research, you will be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment