Search This Blog

Friday 29 October 2021

Himalayan Cheese Sticks

German Shepherds are heavy duty chewers! There are FEW things that can withstand their jaws. An average GSD has a bite force between 200-250 pound per square inch (PSI). That's enough to easily break a human bone. In comparison a human's bite force is approximately 86 PSI.

One of the few things I have found that gives my dogs more than 5 minutes of chewing before it is destroyed is a Himalayan Cheese Stick. It has two ingredients. Yak milk and lime juice. It is the only thing I have found that will outlast a session of chewing. IOW the dog gets tired of chewing before it's gone!

Each chew stick will last about 3 or 4 dogs before it gets too small for them to have. And even those small ends are still useable. Put them in the microwave and they puff up 3 times their size. Once cooled, the dogs can enjoy those as a tasty treat!

Below is a whole cheese stick alongside 2 puffs.

I am not getting paid to recommend these cheese sticks. I just thought I'd share the information in case someone else wanted to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment