Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Unbelievable Frustration

As most of you know I have been unable to access my website since the end of October. My laptop died creating a problem where I could not get to my software to update it I bought a new computer and it turns out because it's a surface pro instead of a regular laptop that the files would not jive. So I eventually found a friend who found an old laptop for me and it was too old to download the Site Builder software onto. So then she found a little bit newer laptop that would download it but then it had disappeared from the Internet. I contacted the Web hosting company and they said that Site Builder was no longer going to be used! I still had until March 2021 to access my files they said. So they sent me the program via email which I downloaded to my friends computer, but that didn't work either. Then there was a Java problem. I finally got that fixed and now I have Site Builder on my friends laptop.

Now you would think that was a good thing but now I have to import my files from the Internet onto this computer. I was told that the Internet website was where all my files were stored. So today I try and import my site onto the new Site Builder and it won't download. Now they're telling me that I don't have the files on my computer!! This is an absolute mess! And on top of that they told me that I can't just take my website and transfer it over to a new website builder. I have to rebuild my website right from the start. It took me hundreds of hours to build my website. I am so frustrated and angry!

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment