Search This Blog

Monday 9 March 2020

Achilles - Arrived at the Rainbow Bridge

It is with heavy heart I must tell you that Achilles made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge on Feb. 27th, 2020.

He had a wonderful life, starting with a cowboy who took him to events all over Western Canada where he met many people, dogs and horses!  Unfortunately he found his way home to me after several years due to illness in the family.  I had him here for quite awhile and became very attached to him.  He was headstrong, big and brave and I knew he needed just the right family that could handle him.  I finally found just the right one 2.5 years ago.  It took awhile to transfer his loyalties from me to the new family.  Many hours of driving to their place and many trips which included lessons to help Achilles transition.  At one point they even brought him back saying he was too much for them to handle.  But after leaving him here, their hearts had already fallen in love with him and they came back for him.  Achilles was a "one-man" dog.  His loyalty had to come on his terms.  But once you had it, it was yours for life.  He would die for you.  His new family loved him with all their hearts and are devastated at his loss.  God's speed to you my friend.  Until we meet again.







No comments:

Post a Comment