Search This Blog

Saturday 2 December 2017

Seat Covers


I had an idea several years ago. I love my dogs sitting on the couch with me. But they were so hard on the leather with their nails and dirt. One day I was looking at the couch remembering the salesman stating how thick the leather was. You could purchase couches depending on how thick the leather was. With thicker being more expensive. It occurred to me "why don't I just get more leather?"  I went to Tandy's leather shop in Calgary and bought 2 full pieces of tanned hide that were on sale for half price because they had a few imperfections. I could have bought colours that matched the couch if I had gone back from time to time or if I wanted to pay full price but considering the long drive I opted for the lighter colour.  I've had these covers for about 3 years now and they are standing up well to the abuse. I pull them off when company comes and my couches look good underneath.  And it only cost $150. 

Mary Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment