Search This Blog

Friday 31 October 2014

It is with very heavy heart...

that I have to tell you that I don't believe we will be having puppies.  I am heart broken and devastated.  And I am sorry.  So sorry.  All you wonderful people who have been waiting so long to receive a Guardian Angel puppy.  I know you are heartbroken as well.  I am so sorry.  A huge part of my disappointment is feeling like I've let you all down.  I have done absolutely everything in my power to ensure the health and well-being of my dogs.  And in doing so, there should have been a bunch of little, squeaking puppies born.  I have no reason why this happened.  Cruz is healthy, happy, the correct weight, eating the required calories to maintain a litter of puppies, being exercised but not overly exercised etc. etc. 


For the first time in my breeding career, I decided to have Cruz ultrasounded to give everyone some peace of mind as we waited for puppies.  I always worry that the girls didn't catch and fret up until the week before they are born.  There were so many people waiting for puppies I wanted to relieve everyone's curiosity/worry.  So what happens?!  I do the ultrasound.  For the first time I have medical verification and what happens!  I'm so sorry.


You may be wondering why I didn't say anything up until now.  It was because I was hoping that the fact that she was not gaining weight was because she only had 1 or 2 puppies.  A female can hide 1-2 puppies quite well.  I wanted to wait until today to be sure of what I was telling you.  I believe we have no puppies coming because she has no milk.  Milk generally comes in only a few days before the puppies are born.  There is no milk.  There are no puppies.  I'm so sorry.


All I can do is dry my eyes and continue to do the best I know how.  To all of you;  I'm incredibly sorry.


The "non-refundable" deposit will be refunded for those who ask.  For those of you I have already spoken to privately and would like to continue with me, I am incredibly honoured to have your trust and confidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment